Business Certificates of Deposit
Our Certificates of Deposit offer flexible terms and competitive rates. Let us help you increase the rate of return on your hard earned money.
Certificates of Deposit
- Minimum opening deposit of $1,000.00
- Wide range of terms available from 7 days to 5 years
- Interest rate remains unchanged throughout the term of the CD
- Interest can be added back to the CD, deposited into a Mainstreet Community Bank checking or savings account, or paid by check
For current interest rates for these accounts, please contact your local Mainstreet Community Bank office.
North Spring Garden
John Knox Village
Are you looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS®.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through Mainstreet Community Bank of Florida. There are few guarantees in life – FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you.1
It is one-stop shopping. With help from CDARS, you can access:
- Safety – Your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage.
- Convenience – You work directly with us. You earn one interest rate and receive one regular statement, and one year-end tax form.
- Community Investment – The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community.2
- CD-Level Rates – Your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts and money market funds.
How does CDARS work?
We are a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network – in increments of less than $100,000 – so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for community lending purposes.2
What else should I know?
Now you no longer have to spend time managing multiple bank relationships, administering various interest rates, organizing interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidating monthly statements. This reduces your administrative burden, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons.
And with CDARS, you can eliminate the need to monitor changing collateral values – another time saving convenience.
Of course, your confidential account information remains protected.
To learn more about CDARS, click here to view a short video.
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our offices.
1 Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with Mainstreet Community Bank of Florida. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us.
2 This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS transactions. Let us know if this benefit is important to you, so that we can explain the relevant terms and conditions in more detail.
CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.